Thursday, October 9, 2008

Catching Up


Wow ... the last two weeks of school seem to have flown by. I have been lax in keeping up with my blog so I thought I would write a quick entry before getting the kids ready for bed.

Our first month of school has come and gone and I feel like we are finally into a good routine. Devin and Lexi can pretty much get started in the morning without a run down of how the school day is going to go. Ava Mae comes and goes now. In the beginning she wanted to do school work just like Devin and Lexi but, she is now happy to just pick and choose what she does with us. At the moment, that is our bible lesson and any memorization work. She has memorized two poems so far "The Butterfly" by Christina Rossetti and "Work". Ava Mae likes to put dance movement to our poems and her interpretations are always, at the least, comical to watch. In wanting to be totally transparent, I should also say that when Ava Mae is good she is very very good but, when she is bad ... well let's just say "watch out". ;0 Lately, we have been dealing with her very disobedient heart. I am just hoping and praying that the end of the terrible 3's is approaching along with her 4th birthday.

Right now, for our cultural study we are learning about Spain. We are reading a great book called "The Story of Ferdinand". It is set in Spain and written over 50 years ago. It is truly a sweet story. Along with our study of Spain will come a cooking lesson to go along with it and we have chosen Tapas. I am uncertain if we will actually get to that before heading out of town next week but, I am hoping to.

The kids are also fully involved in all their Fall Activities now ... that includes - ballet/tap for both girls; gymnastics for Lexi; baseball for Devin and choir/mission for all three kids. The only real craziness with that is Devin's ever changing baseball schedule during the week. Thankfully, my husband is a huge help in that area as he is also helping with Devin's team.

Next week, we are off to Florida for my sister's wedding. Both girls are in the wedding and are so excited. The wedding is taking place on a horse farm and has a country theme. Lexi and Ava Mae will both be wearing cowboy boots and hats along with their white flower girl dresses. I am so excited to be able to visit with all of my siblings over the weekend. It has been years since we were all together. With nine siblings the logistics of getting everyone together is pretty difficult to say the least. So, we will enjoy all being together for this wonderful occasion of my sister's marriage. While we are in Florida we are also throwing in an educational field trip to MOSI. Which is The Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, Florida. It is the largest science museum in the Southeast and it houses this really fun room where you get to go in and experience hurricane force winds. I can remember taking field trips to this museum when I was in elementary school so it will be fun to share this with our kids.

1 comment:

Renee said...

It all sounds great!