Monday, October 13, 2008

Fitting It All In

I am reading a great book right now called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver. I freely admit that many times I take on more than I can handle but, I always feel, especially when it is something related to church that I am doing God's work. I am only a few chapters into the book but, I am realizing that overextending myself volunteer wise is not necessarily doing what God wants me to do.

As I am looking at my "to-do" list again, as I prepare for our family to head to Florida on Wednesday for a wedding, I am trying to figure out how I am going to get all of my volunteer committments and personal committments done. I am praying for God's wisdom in showing me what it is that truly needs my attention and what I can let go.

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying. "This is the way, walk in it." ISAIAH 30:21

No comments: