Thursday, January 22, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I was tagged on Facebook and asked to write a Note including 25 random things about me ... here is what I wrote:

1) I was born in 1971 in Troy, Alabama while my Dad was still attending Troy State.
2) I am the oldest of ten children – I have 5 sisters and 4 brothers.
3) I grew up in a very small town called Zephyrhills, Florida.
4) Zephyrhills is famous for its bottled water.
5) I married my wonderful husband when I was only 19, he was 25.
6) We bought our first home when we got married ... it was strange owning my own home at 19.
7) I don’t really consider Zephyrhills, Florida to be my “hometown” especially being my parents have a home in Asheville, NC now and that really ends my connection to living in Florida.
8) I have lived in Atlanta since 1998. And, though we would love to live in the North Georgia mountains ... I could not imagine moving away from East Cobb.
9) I owned an Event Planning Company for several years before having children.
10) I once planned a wedding with a $100,000 budget – that the bride then ran off the night of the wedding rehearsal and the wedding never happened.
11) My husband was out walking our street one evening and met a new neighbor who he said I really needed to meet as she was pregnant with her second baby also.
12) She has been one of my best friends ever since.
13) That same best friend, just 18 months after meeting her, I stood in her kitchen and cried as I realized I was pregnant with #3.
14) Yes, at one point I had 3 kids all 3 and under.
15) I homeschool all three kids and love it! Not always easy but, definitely rewarding, and what God called me to.
16) I am married to a wonderful man who is a great Dad! He is my very best friend! Plus, he plays in a band. ;) I just like saying that ... even if it is the church band.
17) I love the color pink!
18) Rubber stamping is one of my hobbies, which now my girls share with me.
19) I love photography! I easily take over 1500 pictures a year ... thank God for digital cameras!
20) My favorite seasons are Fall and Spring.
21) I love cooking and baking ... and collect cookbooks, especially ones with great photography!
22) When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian.
23) I took Floral Design Classes and once even worked at a floral shop during Valentine’s Week.
24) I own a sewing machine but, cannot sew.
25) I love my life! I am definitely not the type person who would like to go back in time ... I think things just get better as I get older!

No comments: