Friday, September 4, 2009

Following a Different Plan

Today ends our first week of school ... not the first week I had so carefully planned but, the first week none the less. (Pictured above Ava Mae on our official first day of school - Lexi snapped this picture of her trying to figure out a Kinex Set.) Below are the pictures I had planned to post on our first day ... the kids wanted their official school pictures to be ones from the beach this year.

As I was explaining to a dear friend last night when she dropped off dinner for our family, it is not that I don't respect that God is in control. It is just that it is so hard for me, my personality is to plan everything out and when that plan goes awry and God steps in to show me his plan I get a little disappointed. I know that is not the correct response to have but, it can be so hard to always just put on a happy face and go with it. I am working hard on that.

So today, in hopes of changing my attitude a little, I am looking back on all the good things God has given me in this past month ... He gave our family a beautiful week long vacation with perfect health for myself and the kids. God gave my husband and I a wonderful day to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. He gave us a day in which to celebrate our oldest child turning 8!

And in the storm we are going through now ... God has given us friends who have cleaned our home, watched our children, fixed us dinners, grocery shopped for us, homeschooled our children, run errands and prayed diligently for my quick recovery.

I love the verse in a card my dear friend Renee gave me yesterday ... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Renee said...

LOVE you! Great attitude. Looking at the blessings and not the disappointments is a choice that is not natural or easy. I am so glad that you are choosing to trust Him. Praying for you!!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin