Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{Recipe} Quick Easy Cheesy Sliders


I have a confession to make ... I hate touching ground beef, more so than chicken - which is probably much more germier - go figure. Anyway, I love all these fun slider recipes I have found but, realized real quick it wasn't going to happen in my kitchen. Now, I know you can use gloves but, for some reason that creeps me out even more, trust me, I 've tried it.

So, this is what I came up with - a slider alternative. It was originally a recipe my sister made at a party we had - she placed the mixture on pumpernickel bread but, I figured - place it on a slider bun and now you have Quick Easy Cheesy Sliders.




Here are the ingredients:

1 pound low fat ground beef
1 pound ground mild sausage
3/4 pound Velveeta Cheese (cubed)
Slider Buns (toasted)

Directions:

1. Brown ground beef and mild sausage together. I like to use my handy meat browning tool to break up all the beef and sausage - this especially comes in handy when you are using low fat grass fed beef.



2. Drain any fat off and return skillet to cook top.
3. Add cubed cheese to ground beef mixture.


4. Stir frequently until cheese is melted.


5. Now, the hard part, allow mixture to cool until when scooped it holds its form. This gives it a nice patty look but, if you don't care about appearances just dig in.


And, while I am on the subject of food ... why hasn't anyone told me about these ...


I totally missed out on the Girl Scout Samoa cookies this season. So, of course, when we spotted these cookies in the store we had to give them a try. They are a little smaller but, the taste is almost the same.

No comments: