Sunday, February 16, 2014

Butcher Paper Covered School Table


I don't know why I did not think of this sooner ... last fall we covered our dining room table {which for the most part doubles as our school table} with butcher paper for Ava Mae's art party. The kids loved it so much we decided to leave it in place. They loved using the butcher paper during school to work out math problems or sketch out an idea for a paper they were writing. Their friends loved doodling and writing messages to the kids when they were over. I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I removed the paper and decided to put down a new sheet of butcher paper.


So, I figure this is my big homeschool idea for the year ... not only is it protecting our dining room table {when we have a need to use the dining room table I just throw a table cloth over the butcher paper} but, I don't have lots of scrap paper laying around at the end of the school day. I may even save a section of this butcher paper when I take it off the table in a month or two. I figure it would be a nice addition to my art journal this year ... more to come on that in a separate post.

No comments: