Saturday, February 21, 2009

Winter Break

Yesterday was a day off for us ... we call it our Winter Break. Instead of schooling, we spent the afternoon at another friend's home who homeschools. She has become very near and dear to me and my kids just love playing with her children. The best part about the kids enjoying playing together so well is that it gives my friend and I a few hours, uninterrupted, to talk. I enjoy the transparency that we can both have with each other - our struggles in our daily lives and our joys. God has been so good to provide such a wonderful friend for me.

The day ended just as good as it started with dinner out with my husband at a local restaurant we just love. Three other homeschooling couples joined us. It is so fun to get to know each of them so much better over good food and drinks.

No comments: