Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuesday Family Nights

My husband and I decided one item we would add to our calendar this December was Family Night. In trying to change the way our children think about the Christmas Season we wanted more focus placed on making memories. Those are the things you remember the most - not what toy you did or did not receive on Christmas morning.

So Family Night, is every Tuesday night. We pick a movie to watch, light the fireplace, have some family activity and make Smores. Last night we watched Polar Express and we were going to put together a Gingerbread Village but, I realized early into that experience it was going to be way too difficult. So, that idea was scratched and today the kids and I will head out to buy a single gingerbread house to decorate.

Last night I finally began assembling all the pieces to our Advent Calendar. I admit, a little behind, I had no idea it was going to have so many pieces that I would need to find and then place in the corresponding boxes. My best friend, Christi, warned me to start early when assembling a Playmobil set. She was right! I hope to have it assembled sometime before Christmas.

No comments: