Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baptism

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." - Romans 6:4
On Friday, September 24th my husband and I were baptized in a small ceremony at our church. It was such a special morning. We had some close friends in attendance along with a few staff members. The kids were able to be in attendance - missing out on their first hour of classes at Timothy.
My husband and I were both baptized as infants but, we had begun to feel very strongly that baptism by immersion was something we wanted to do. We both see a public profession of faith as an important step in our spiritual journey - it is an act of obedience to God.

We were so blessed to have one friend take pictures during the baptism and her daughter took video. I will look forward to sharing them one day with our grandchildren.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Congratulations on taking that step of obedience!

Katina said...

Praise the Lord! I am sooo happy for you and your family! God is so awesome! Just wait till we see those streets of Gold! Oh Happy Day!