Saturday, December 3, 2011

22 Days : The Performance

Hours upon hours of classes, practices, and rehearsals over the last two months and it all came down to 2 1/2 minutes today on stage.

This was my view for today's performance {backstage} ... I just could not bring myself to watch from our front row seats.
Lexi was beautiful ... she danced an amazing pas de deux with the Grinch. I almost burst into tears when she came off the stage and into my arms.

Lexi told me this evening she can't believe it is over ... she has had a great time rehearsing with one of her best friends twice a week over the last few months{JK was just as amazing in the 2PM show}.
Ava Mae also did a wonderful job performing as an elf in the toy dance.

Both my girls were blessed with lots of friends who came to see them dance.

Lexi also has sweet ballet friends that came running up to her as soon as she was done performing her Cindy Lou part to hug her and tell her how proud they were of her. {Thankful again to be a part of such a wonderful ballet program}

Three Days into Advent and feeling the sweet love of Jesus in so many moments today!
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. "Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

1 comment:

Tina said...

Loved reading about this performance...I got chills when you said you almost burst into tears when she ran off stage into your arms...I am sure I would have almost too. She looks so beautiful and I can tell how excited she is!!! So neat.