Sunday, May 20, 2012

TOS Crew Review : CapJaxMathFax

Photobucket

With summer here and our school year becoming just a faint memory - one thing I always make sure to have on our schedule is some time for math drills. In the past that has taken the form of either math fact card games or iPad apps. This year we get to add a fun software program to the mix.

CapJaxMathFax is a fun drill program for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Created by Jack Fretwell of Starboard Training Systems, CapJaxMathFacts  is a downloadable software program that works with any math curriculum. It is easily customized for each child.

Photobucket


My kids enjoyed "drilling" on the computer and I liked the fact that I could easily set the kids up and have them working in no time. This is definitely a system we will enjoy adding to our mix of ways to drill math facts.

The only drawbacks we found were it took a little more effort to get the program downloaded and installed on our main computer. It was a strange glitch and one the customer support helped us work through. My kids also complained of the screen seeming too "crowded" at times. I think it was just that there were quite a few colors and background data on the screen.


CapJaxMathFax can be purchased, starting at $29.95, and downloaded directly from their site. If you would like to give it a try before buying, here is a link to a trial version.

Would you like to read what my fellow crew mates thought of CapJaxMathFax? Then head on over to the TOS Crew Blog.

&&&&&&&&<span class=

Disclaimer: I am reviewing this website on behalf of the TOS Crew. I received no compensation, other than a downloaded copy of CapJaxMathFax, for the writing of this review. The contents of this review express my personal opinion of the product.

No comments: