Saturday, September 21, 2013

Easy Orange Cranberry Scones


I am always in search of the perfect yet, simple, scone recipe. I like the Bisquick ones as they always seem to rise in a more uniform fashion.

My daughter {pictured above helping zest an orange} and I attended a baby shower this weekend for one of the teachers at her ballet school. I was asked to bring my well loved orange cranberry scones. I decided I would finally write down the recipe I use and blog it for future reference.


Ingredients:
3 cups of Bisquick
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
1/2 cup orange blossom honey (I used Tupeolo Honey as I had run out of orange blossom)
2 eggs
1/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is best but, Simply Orange works too)
Zest of 1 orange

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Bisquick, cinnamon, and dried cranberries. Add honey and mix well. The add, eggs, orange juice, and zest - mix until all ingredients are combined - mixture should be moist, if not add a little more orange juice.

2. Scoop out using a medium size cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes or until scones are a light brown on top.

Makes 18 scones.

Glaze:
1 cup of powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons of Orange Juice (more or less to your preferred glaze consistency)

While scones are still warm - brush with glaze. Store scones in an airtight container - best served the same day or the day after baking.

No comments: