Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

This week we will be learning all about Spring and discussing Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. To get things started I decided to make Rainbow Cupcakes with the kids today. The recipe I had was from Family Fun Magazine. It seemed pretty simple though I realized that simplicity may have been just a tiny bit deceiving. I will share some of the tips I learned.

Even though our cupcakes did not turn out looking like a perfect rainbow they were delicious and pretty neat to look at.
The recipe calls for a white cake mix - we chose a coconut flavored mix and it added great flavor!

I ended up having huge cupcakes because I added too much batter to the tins at the beginning and so they were almost overflowing by the time I had put all the colors in. Next time I will use less batter at the beginning - starting with 3 tablespoons of each color.



Do you have a fun craft idea to share or would you like to find a ton of great crafting ideas then head on over to FUN to Craft and join her Spring Has Sprung Party.


2 comments:

@Dayngr said...

I'm going to try that too!

Stacey said...

Those are so colorful. I love how they turned out. Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.