Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our Week

This week the kids are attending VBS at our old church and I am volunteering in the kitchen with one of my dearest friends. We are preparing snack each day for around 250.
Devin, Lexi and Ava Mae have been troopers about being at VBS with a joyful heart. It is quickly approaching the end of summer and we are all tired after countless weeks of camps and activities - on top of that only Lexi has a good friend in their group. I asked the kids on Monday to just look at this as an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus - help where it is needed, be friendly to kids they do not know, and above all have a joyful heart about it.

We will finish out the week on Friday and then on Saturday, our family is working with our new church and volunteering in our community. We look forward to serving together as a family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HBrummett said...

I love those snacks! How cute! Thanks for stopping by and following me. I am following you too. I look forward to reading more!