Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!

Last night we welcomed the New Year with some friends ... we decided it would be fun to let the kids celebrate Midnight at 8pm. We enjoyed snack foods and the kids played until the designated hour when we had a balloon drop and wished everyone a Happy New Year!

After our guests left our kids still wanted to try and make it to Midnight ... Devin was the only one who succeeded. I have to say ... I barely made it to Midnight and even at that did not even finish my glass of champagne. I think I might need that 8PM celebration more than the kids.
Today we began the "fun" task of packing away Christmas. As I pack away each item it always gets me thinking ... "what does God have planned for us this year - when I unpack these items next Christmas what will our year have been like". As I carefully put away all the precious ornaments the kids have made this year - many with their picture on it - I think how each child will be a year older next Christmas. I will have a ten year old and my youngest will be seven ... I just can not even believe that.

Happy New Year!! May God bless each of you in 2011!

No comments: