Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Goodbye 2010 ...

Another year has come and gone and it always makes me think of a song from the Broadway Musical Rent - "Seasons of Love", especially these lyrics:

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?

This year had some changes and milestones for our family ...
We found a new church home and made lots of new friends, my husband and I began singing in the church choir, Devin and Lexi were both baptized, Ava Mae began Kindergarten, we took a week long trip to Disney World, we had several snow falls - including a white Christmas, we celebrated my Dad's retirement after 38 years of teaching at the same high school, my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary, we enjoyed a family reunion with all of my siblings - parents and nieces, and we began our 5th year of homeschooling.
I love looking back at my blog at the end of the year - realizing all the ways God has blessed our lives this year and answered prayers. My words for this year were "JOY" and "CONTENTMENT" - finding joy in everyday life and being content. I think in today's society we can become so wrapped up in the next best house, car, life ... it is so freeing to just be happy where God has planted us and with what he has given us.
Looking forward to 2011 ... loving the journey!

No comments: