Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Relevant Christmas

Last night the Women's Ministry at our church hosted A Relevant Christmas. It was a wonderful way to kick off the Christmas Season. With a great speaker, author Lisa Harper, Grammy-nominated recording artist Kim Hill, wonderful food and conversation it was an amazing evening. I would love to blog all about what Lisa spoke about but, I know I have a few friends who read my blog who will not be attending this event until Friday or Saturday and I don't want to give any of it away.

Here is a group shot we took at the end of the evening with some of my closest friends who were in attendance.
At the last minute I was asked to host a table. My plate was already completely full for this week but, I figured I had enough items to throw together something and I can always whip a favor at the last minute. This is what I came up with ....

I had lots of red Christmas balls, several different containers to choose from, and lots of ribbon. The only thing I did not have enough of at home were some Christmas florals/greens and picks so with coupons in hand I headed out to Micheal's to pick up a few things.

This is my mock up of the table centerpiece.

Here is the final outcome.

The favor I made to tie into my theme I chose to go with (birds) was a tea bag holder. I made a small tri-fold card then cut part of it and folded it over to make a holder for the tea. I then added a red and white polka dot ribbon and handstamped a winter tree with a red bird sitting on a branch. The tea I chose was something I had just purchased Candy Cane Herbal Tea - so yummy and perfect for the season.

2 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Love it! (You know I'd love anything tea related!)

Nicole @Team Pipkin said...

LOVE IT! It sounds like it was a wonderful event.