Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week End Wrap Up : Catching Up


I am trying harder to post our wrap ups for each week so I can document what is going on in our homeschool. Tonight I am catching up on our last two weeks ...


In science we wrapped up a study on plants and moved into human anatomy but, not before growing some corn plants from seed and cutting up an orange to look at the individual cells it contains. I will post a new picture at the end of this coming week to show you how much our corn has grown - much faster than I thought.


This week we had a Valentine's Party with our homeschool small group. It was such a nice day we were able to hold it at a local park. Lots of Valentine cards, candy, cupcakes, and cookies. I had to keep reminding my girls they had the Father/Daughter Dance to attend that night.


We are really enjoying our new bible curriculum - "Who Am I" from Apologia. We have had some really good conversations after each lesson. This is the second book in the series. I think it is going to be a great new addition to our homeschool! Look for my review in a couple of weeks.

So, that at least hits the highlights from the past two weeks ...

No comments: