Friday, October 19, 2012

Pinterest Project : Chalkboard Dresser


This dresser has a story behind it ... many years ago my good friend, Christi, and I were yard saling when we came across this dresser. My friend saw it first and got the dresser for a great price. She had plans for new paint and cute knobs to update it but, it did not happen. Fast forward several years, and the dresser needed to find a new home. I was more than happy to help, especially because I had recently pinned this cute project below on Pinterest - involving a dresser and chalkboard paint.


Source: hgtv.com via Alicia on Pinterest


I was so excited to get started on this project I had to convince my husband to join me on a fun trip to Home Depot for the supplies. Yes, that was our date night a week ago - so fun. :)

My girls could not wait to be a part of the redo - so I put them to work on painting drawers while I worked on the main dresser. One coat of Rustoleum's Black Chalkboard Paint was all we needed. I followed the directions on the paint can to wipe down the dresser with a damp cloth and let dry before starting. I bought a roller brush for the best coverage and we used small sponge brushes for detailed areas.





I am so happy with the finished project {and the cost, just $15 for all supplies}. A new piece of furniture for our entry way that I can decorate seasonally both on top, and with cute sayings with chalk. I already have several ideas for the Thanksgiving and Advent for what I can write on the dresser.


Linking this post up with ...


and
 
SixSistersStuff.com

No comments: