Saturday, July 20, 2013

Exploring Riga : Central Market


After not finding a good selection of veggies and fruit at the stores around our apartment we decided to venture out to the Central Market I had heard so much about - just a short 15 minute walk from our apartment.


The Central Market in Riga is housed in and around the old World War II Zeppelin Hangars - just that alone would have gotten me over there but, the vegetables, fruit, flowers, cheese, meats, and pastries will have me returning regularly to shop! {It is a daily market - not one just for the weekends.}


I could not believe the amount of vendors! It was overwhelming and I told my husband, I think I should go by myself next time as I could spend hours wandering through all the buildings. 


I thought I would miss my Saturday trips to the Farmer's Market on the Square in Marietta but, now I am going to miss this Central Market when I return to the States. 


No comments: