Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Counting Down ...

I cannot believe that we begin a new school year in just 6 days ... the summer seems to have just flown by, the photo above (our first day at our club pool) seems like just yesterday.

Last week we were out of town so this week the kids all began their extra-curricular activities. I like having a slow start to a full curriculum and extra curricular activity schedule. So, next week, we will begin core subjects - Math, Reading, Handwriting then the following week we will add in History, Music, Art and Nature Journaling. I find that a slow ramp up is good for the kids and myself.


As I gear up to head out of town for one more quick trip before school starts I feel a sense of calm about our school year beginning. I feel as I turn more and more of my trust in our school year over to God that he frees me of any worry.
Our homeschool bible verse for the year is:

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33

No comments: