Saturday, August 29, 2009

Should Be ...

I should be in Asheville, North Carolina enjoying a relaxing day of sight-seeing after wrapping up a huge event I helped plan for the last few months. But, I am not in Asheville, I am sitting in my bedroom trying not to go crazy and enjoy catching up on some reading with strict doctor's orders of rest, no stress and, no caffeine. How did I get here?

It began Thursday as I was wrapping up last minute details for the event I was planning. Rushing around picking up needed items, finalizing lists, seating charts and schedules. During my running around I felt my heart flutter every once in awhile but, around 5PM on Thursday my heart went into an irregular pattern that sent us racing to the Urgent Care who immediately called 911 for an ambulance to the local cardiac hospital. Needless to say, it was one of the scariest moments of my life. After 6 hours in the hospital, I was sent home with strict orders to follow, a prescription to help try and keep my heart out of an irregular pattern, an order for a holter monitor, and a follow up consult with a cardiologist.

This was NOT the weekend I had planned but, I know God is in control and he has a purpose for bringing me through this. I am still trying to wrap my head around it all. Trying to plan what the week will look like, especially with starting a new homeschool year, lots of kids' activities and now doctors appointments. I am taking it one day at a time ...

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

No comments: